Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My KL Trip

Went to KL for a short holiday with my wife over the weekends. It is a relaxing trip as we shop till we drop. Err... correction, it’s my wife shop while I drop :p. Anyway, at the end of the first day, we went for some foot reflexology session to ease our aching leg. It is my first time trying such "pleasure" as my wife claims. Well, on the contrary, I felt I was being tortured. The Thai masseuse introduces me to pains on different areas of my feet I never flet before while enjoying my facial responses lol. But I slept very well that night as I seldom sleep well on my first night away from my bed. So the massage really works. :)

You sure that's from Singapore?The next morning, I get to try the enigmatic Singapore fried beehoon, a dish that can only be found outside Singapore. If you ask me, it does not taste any different from the economy fried beehoon. Other than this, I find food in KL are quite cheap. Angie managed to eat Hong Kong curry fishball there. It is something she always wanted to try after watching countless Hong Kong artists ate it in their drama serials. There's also a lorry that sells Malacca Lok-Lok park at the roadside next to Sungei Wan. However, we decided to give it a miss because of hygiene concerns. :S

10 floors of shopping madnessWe stay at Berjaya Times Square and gosh the shopping mall there is HUGE!!! More than 10 floors of shopping madness! Actually there are only 8 floors, the top 3 floors are vacant, but still enough to make any woman excited and any boyfriends/husband crazy. Hehe. We also went to Sungei Wang, Plaza Low Yat and Mid-Valley shopping mall. Luckily, Malaysians have a lot of toy shops in their malls to attract my attention. Sungei Wang is like our Chinatown shopping centre while Plaza Low Yat is the KL’s Sim Lim Square. Perfect for IT geeks like me. However, we only discover the place on the second last day, so not much time to explore it. One thing Sim Lim should learn from Plaza Low Yat is Low Yat’s second floor is catered for woman shopping. So you can leave your female companion there while you go shop for your hardware. Haha… Now your girl-girl won’t get bored and hustle you to finish your shopping. ;)

Ferrari's new driver for next season?As the Malaysia Formula 1 grand prix is coming next month, there is a lot of excitement in KL anticipating the event. I even was fortunate enough to take a photo with my favorite F1 team car, Ferrari. Hehe… Too bad I can’t take a photo of me sitting in it. Talking about something with speed, I did not manage to sit the famous indoor roller coaster ride inside Berjaya Times Square. My wife did not like the idea of me sitting in those rides. In the end, I managed to convince her to let me sit in the DNA mixer. Better than no rides at all. ^_^

No comments: