A forum reader is contemplating that what happen in the movie “The Day After Tomorrow” will become real one day and questioning what can we do to stop global warming. Well global warming is very real. Dun you guys find that the weather outside is getting hotter these days? The earth temperature is getting higher n higher each day and organizing concerts like Live Earth only cause more damage than putting the message across. I always feel that we are just slowly down the process with our recycling efforts because the pollution and wastage is far too much. Nevertheless, my family and I are still doing our part in saving our earth. After all, where can we go if this place goes? You may not feel the full effect now, but that day will come n when it does, it is sad that our children will be the one who will bare the consequences of our misdeeds.
Here are some of my efforts.
1. Recycle every paper-based material. This includes cereal boxes, all the unwanted bills n letters from the mail box and even the cardboard cover from the energizer battery pack is not spared.
2. Switch off electrical appliances if they are not used.
3. Give unwanted clothing to Salvation Army or sell them to cash converters.
4. Recycle all plastic bottles and materials. I won't throw the plastic soft drink bottles I bought outside. I bring them home to recycle.
5. Don't on air-con unless it is really very hot. Use fan
6. Print on both side of paper or use recycle paper. Better still, if document is not important, print multiple pages on a single page.
7. Switch off your PC when I leave my office.
8. Take public transport (taxi not included) if possible. If distance is short (~15 mins), walk. Treat it as a form of exercise.
9. Use rechargeable batteries. Recycle all alkaline batteries.
10. Use recycle bags when shopping at supermarkets, not only on 1st Wed of every month. Try not to take plastic bag from seller if item is small n not heavy.
As you can see, all the above are little actions that can go a long way. It does not cost much or take a lot of effort.
Here's some useful info
Recycling Bins / Collection Centres in Singapore
"Man always realize his mistakes only when the punishment is being handle out"
Here are some of my efforts.
1. Recycle every paper-based material. This includes cereal boxes, all the unwanted bills n letters from the mail box and even the cardboard cover from the energizer battery pack is not spared.
2. Switch off electrical appliances if they are not used.
3. Give unwanted clothing to Salvation Army or sell them to cash converters.
4. Recycle all plastic bottles and materials. I won't throw the plastic soft drink bottles I bought outside. I bring them home to recycle.
5. Don't on air-con unless it is really very hot. Use fan
6. Print on both side of paper or use recycle paper. Better still, if document is not important, print multiple pages on a single page.
7. Switch off your PC when I leave my office.
8. Take public transport (taxi not included) if possible. If distance is short (~15 mins), walk. Treat it as a form of exercise.
9. Use rechargeable batteries. Recycle all alkaline batteries.
10. Use recycle bags when shopping at supermarkets, not only on 1st Wed of every month. Try not to take plastic bag from seller if item is small n not heavy.
As you can see, all the above are little actions that can go a long way. It does not cost much or take a lot of effort.
Here's some useful info
Recycling Bins / Collection Centres in Singapore
"Man always realize his mistakes only when the punishment is being handle out"
No comments:
Post a Comment