Only half-way into the week and yet news from our media is already full of gloom. If you read carefully into the news, public transport fare set to increase again. "Meanwhile, ahead of the August 1 deadline for annual fare increase submissions to PTC, SMRT has confirmed that it will be asking for a small increase" it says. If you ask me, that is a clear indication that the next time you tap your Ezlink card, it will deduct a few cents more. As usual our government agency and media is trying to play down this fact by claiming that they will implement stricter regulations on our transport services to justify the increment. But how many times this has been said while we still got the same crappy services? Car owners are also not spared with renewed ERP rates. As a matter of fact, ever since the New Year, we have been bombarded by news of increment from GST to the price of sugar cane. It's no wonder that the rainy weather looks gloomier than it seems these days. I always tell myself and people that it won't rain all the time, the sky won't fall forever. But now, even I am beginning to doubt that myself. My family and friends are curious why I want to learn market trading and be stressed when things does not goes well. My answer is this is THE only way to a better life. I am tired of scrapping through each day to make ends meet. It is not like we have a choice. Our pay will not increase overnight. What can we do? Pray to the gods? Truth is I have lost my faith in religion, especially when people starts to abuse believer's trust. So where does that leave us? We are still standing here; the bills are still stacking up. My wife and I are in the process of starting a family. Sometimes I wonder should we go through it. Why bring a life here to this world and be a prisoner to the system?
2 comments:
News are sickening nowadays!
There's a way out of this and it's up to you to find it.
Post a Comment