
Sometimes I really hate my work. Being a software developer, a software bug sometimes can really drive you nuts.
I am working on a project where part of it is to simulate the functions of a PS/2 keyboard. Sounds simple right. Keyboard nia, should be quite QED. Well that is until you have to write one yourself. There are so many timing and rules to observe and consider just for a stupid PS/2 keyboard.
The past 1 week, I have been losing my hair (as if my receding hairline is not receding fast enough) over a software bug in it. The god damn thing should work but just can't. Worse thing is you duno what the hell is causing the failure. To make things worse, more bugs spring out as you dig deeper into that hole. It's basically Murphy's Law on steroids. You really want to scream at the damn bugger!
And you know what? In the end, you find out that it is just some silly coding or placement of code that screw you. Sigh... sometimes I just hate being a software engineer.
Updated: Oh as the title suggested, I was ALMOST killed by the bug. Managed to solve the issue. Now the fix is running through a series of acid tests at the customer's side. *Keeping fingers cross*
I am working on a project where part of it is to simulate the functions of a PS/2 keyboard. Sounds simple right. Keyboard nia, should be quite QED. Well that is until you have to write one yourself. There are so many timing and rules to observe and consider just for a stupid PS/2 keyboard.
The past 1 week, I have been losing my hair (as if my receding hairline is not receding fast enough) over a software bug in it. The god damn thing should work but just can't. Worse thing is you duno what the hell is causing the failure. To make things worse, more bugs spring out as you dig deeper into that hole. It's basically Murphy's Law on steroids. You really want to scream at the damn bugger!
And you know what? In the end, you find out that it is just some silly coding or placement of code that screw you. Sigh... sometimes I just hate being a software engineer.
Updated: Oh as the title suggested, I was ALMOST killed by the bug. Managed to solve the issue. Now the fix is running through a series of acid tests at the customer's side. *Keeping fingers cross*
No comments:
Post a Comment