Monday, November 09, 2009

Interview Woes

I just came back from a job interview. It's been almost 3 years since my last job interview (the last one is for the job I am working in). When I got the call that I am going to have an interview this morning, I felt uneasy for the entire weekend. This has not been help when I was informed that it will be a panel interview with software test. *Grasp*

I have never been comfortable with interviews but the thought of sticking at what I am now forces me to go for it. I have difficulty sleeping the previous night, thinking what the interviewer might ask and having phobia of not able to answer the test questions. Worse still is Manchester United after playing so well, lost to a goal that never should be given in the first place. -_-" In the end, after much tossing around, I managed to catch some sleep and woke up earlier than usual this morning though my interview is at 11am.

As for the interview itself, turns out to be quite relaxing. The test is more like an analysis of my code reading ability. Luckily it's not those theory or software trick questions. *Phew* The interviewers are quite impressed and keen to bring me on board. Only issue is they need me within these 2 months. The earliest I can tender is early January. Any day earlier, I will have to forfeit my AWS, something I am not willing to let go given all the hard work I put into the past year. In addition, with the babies coming, the extra cash will come in handy. Anyway, we will see how things go.

3 comments:

chillycraps said...

wow congrats that the interview went well!

As for the rest, see how it goes bah!

tiger4™ said...

@chillycraps: They just call back n offer me the job at a pay much higher than my current one, but it's a 12 months contract work + need me to be there in Dec.

I rejected the offer. I have sacrifice my March bonus. If I leave now, I will lose my Dec AWS, something which I am not willing to let go with my babies coming along. :(

chillycraps said...

oh well, life is about making choices.


pat pat :)